In collaboration with the Rainbow Arts and Culture Foundation, our annual artist development grants program provides emerging and established artists an opportunity to construct manage and present new work to a large audience in a natural, outdoor environment. We encourage submissions that develop a high-quality, imaginative artistic practice; and can reach and engage with diverse audiences.
We invite everyone to bring their creative ideas and unique flavour; and that participating in this program will encourage greater artistic expression and allow your unique artistic endeavours to come to life.
The Artist Grants Program is to open to emerging and established individual artists/collectives who can display their artworks at the Rainbow Serpent Festival in Lexton, Victoria. This program supports individuals and collectives in developing new concepts in their chosen art form and to exhibit new work in a safe, professional manner.
The grants program is open to, but not limited to the following mediums:
- Shade Structures
- Social/ Environmental/ Political themes
- Applicants must be individual artists or a collective
- Applications must be for original works
- Artworks that demonstrate innovation
- Weather resistant materials must be used.
- Artwork must be viable to produce in an outdoor environment.
- Proposal must demonstrate all safety precautions are addressed.
- Installations must be transportable and be erected and dismantled by the applicant.
Please take careful note of the selection criteria. You will need to address these points in your proposal for it to be considered. All sections of the online form are to be completed in order for your submission to be accepted.
- 2 x $5000
- 1 x $3000
- 2 x $2000
- 1 x $2000 Memory Seed Multimedia Arts Grant (details below )
- 2 x $1000
- 2 x $500
**Please specify in your application which funding stream you wish to apply for.
Please include the following information:
- Technical Drawings
- Demonstrate your ability to comply with safety requirements
- How and where you intend to install the artwork
- Dimensions of installation
- Power Requirements (electrical equipment list and wattage)
- Budget/Funding category
- Biography of artist(s) involved
- Pictures of previous works
- Additional Information
Medium: Digital, Multimedia, Sculpture/ Installation, VJ, Interactive, Visual presentation.
We are looking for artists who work between light and surface in the sculptural, projection, VJ, film, interactive and digital arts. The work will feature at Rainbow Serpent Festival as part of the artistic programming. The artist will also feature on our website and in highlighted in our promotional booklet.
- Submission deadline is midnight Friday 26th October 2018
- Successful applications will be notified December 1st 2018
- Successful projects are to be installed onsite between Saturday 19th January and midday on Thursday 24th January 2019.
- All art installations are to be removed by 6pm Tuesday 29th January 2019. If you need to install your artwork at an earlier date this must be pre-organised.
If you have any questions or wish to supply additional information to support your online application please contact ARTISTS GRANTS via the contact form on our website
We are pleased to release our new Artist Grants application system. Please note our system is NOT compatible with Internet Explorer it works best if you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc.
There is no rush, please take your time to read the Application FAQs before you apply and good luck with you submission.