Feel like ditching the car and travelling to site in comfort and safety?
As part of our environmental strategy we continue to encourage our attendees to choose more sustainable modes of transport. The Charter Bus Tickets are subsidised by our Vehicle Pass revenue which allows us to offer additional timetables and provisions while keeping the cost down for this hassle free service.
We are excited for the return of our dedicated walk-in camping village which will provide bus travellers with a comfortable and convenient area with a communal shade structure and other benefits. You can read more about our environmental walk-in organised camp (EWOC) village here
There are two types of Rainbow Serpent Charter Bus tickets available from 9th July 2019.
Charter Bus Return Tickets $48 + BF
Return bus ticket to and from the festival only
Purchase Return Charter Bus Tickets here from 10am Tuesday 9th July 2019.
***Please note, as we need to book the services, Charter Bus Return Tickets will be turned off a few days prior to the commencement of the event. Book now to avoid disappointment!***
Combo Charter Bus & Festival Tickets $445 + BF
1 x discounted General Presale Ticket and 1 x Charter Bus Return Ticket
Available from 10am Tuesday 9th July via the ticket registration process. For more information on how to register, visit our ticketing FAQ here
Both ticket types include priority front gate check in upon arrival, access to a dedicated walk-in camping area close to the drop off/pick up location plus an included souvenir booklet. The luxury air-conditioned buses will leave Federation Square (Flinders Street Melbourne CBD) on Thursday and Friday, taking you directly to the festival site near Lexton. Buses will then depart the festival site Sunday, Monday and Tuesday returning you to Federation Square.
Please note, these are not Banana Bus tickets.
Benefits of taking the RSF Charter Bus:
- It’s fast! Avoid the lines with priority front gate check in upon arrival
- It’s easy! Includes a dedicated walk-in camping for patrons travelling by bus located close to the drop off / pick up location
- Feel good! You’re reducing your carbon footprint by more than 20% compared to travelling in a car
- Leave your car at home! Travel safely and hassle free
- Included discounts and extras! Souvenir booklet included in price, reduced cost of ticket and pay only 1 booking fee
- It’s affordable! Costs less than a tank of petrol and cheaper than other public and private transport options
If purchasing a Combo ticket, the ticket type will be hidden from view. You’ll still need to follow the steps on our
Important information before booking:
- Attendees with this ticket type must travel on the Rainbow Serpent Charter Bus (not Banana Bus) in order to be validated to receive your wristband on arrival at the festival.
- Charter Bus Return Tickets, Vehicle Pass and RACF Donations are the only visible options on the Eventbrite purchase link. To purchase a Combo Festival & Charter Bus Ticket, follow the process outlined in steps 1-3 on our FAQ here in order to:
- Register for a user account on our website
- Answer the quiz to generate a code
- Follow the 'Purchase Tickets' link to buy your Combo Charter Bus & Festival pass.
- Make sure to fill in all the individual bus questions for each passenger
- If you are not purchasing a ticket for yourself please ensure the correct name of each attendee is listed.
- You cannot change the service time/s or request name transfers once you have selected and completed payment to book your seat.
- Tickets are non-transferrable and non-refundable unless the bus is cancelled. No refunds given for services missed or change of heart.
- Email reminders from Eventbrite and the Eventbrite phone app will only show event start and finish times, check your confirmation email to confirm booked services.
- No one way tickets are available
- Be respectful with the luggage you bring, no oversized luggage permitted. Travel like a back packer. Reasonable luggage for 1 person: bag or backpack / small tent / sleeping bag.
- TICKETS FOR THE CHARTER BUS ONLY DO NOT INCLUDE ENTRY TO THE FESTIVAL
- If you hold a Combo Festival & Charter Bus Ticket please print it off and bring it with you along with ID for ease of priority check in.
- If you hold a Charter Bus Return Ticket with a separate festival entry ticket, print the festival entry ticket out for priority gate check in.
- There are no physical tickets for the Charter Bus Return Tickets. Please bring ID with you. Your name will be cross checked with our register by our friendly representative.
- Terms & Conditions Apply (click here for T&Cs).
Available Shuttle Times:
4pm (Sharp) Thursday 23rd January 2020 – leaves Federation Square (Flinders Street Melbourne CBD)
11am (Sharp) Friday 24th January 2020 – leaves Federation Square (Flinders Street Melbourne CBD)
4pm (Sharp) Friday 24th January 2020 – leaves Federation Square (Flinders Street Melbourne CBD)
Return To Melbourne:
8pm (Sharp) Sunday 26th January 2020 – departs festival site returning to Federation Square
8pm (Sharp) Monday 27th January 2020 – departs festival site returning to Federation Square
10am (Sharp) Tuesday 28th January 2019 – departs festival site returning to Federation Square
Please note bookings close strictly on Tuesday 21st January 2020. Ensure you are aware of your booked service times as no refunds will be given for people that miss the bus or change their mind.
Your booked bus times are listed in your ticket confirmation email, sent from Eventbrite. Contact email@example.com if you cannot locate your confirmation email.
Combo Charter Bus & Festival Ticket holders will be emailed their festival entry tickets when PDF tickets are issued.
Bookings close Tuesday 21st January 2020.