This is our fifth year hosting a Family Camping area at the festival and we’re loving the growing number of families that are choosing to bring their children along to the festival and create a camp together. We realise the challenges that coming to Rainbow with a family can create and we want to help make the experience easier, safer and even more enjoyable.
The family camping area:
- is a designated fenced-off area located in the North Campground (directly opposite the Kids Space in The Village)
- has a shaded communal area with tables, chairs, lighting, carpet and 240v power…and there will be couches !
- has dedicated toilets and showers, regularly serviced
- has a Family Camping Crew member in attendance 24/7 (please note they are NOT a babysitter, they are just there to generally help out and keep an eye on things)
You will only need to complete one registration per family or groups of friends camping together but for those wanting to camp together we ask that you please try and arrive together. Last year we had lots of difficulty trying to save space in amongst campers for other groups joining them later, so please coordinate your carpooling and get in convoy together to make the arrival and settling-in process better for everyone.
When you are completing your registration, the more info you can fill out about your crew, the better. It gives us a greater understanding of what we need to do to create the best camping space possible.
This year you can bring/build a personal shade structure for your camp but please be conscious there are still space limitations and don’t go overboard. We also aim to encourage sharing personal shade where possible.
If you are interested in camping within the Family Camping area you will need to register with us before the festival. Please do so as soon as possible because registrations may close at some stage to ensure we can fit everyone in and the area is adequately resourced.
Last year we introduced a cost to book Family Camping at Rainbow. Charging a nominal amount for this higher resourced camping allows us to:
- Better plan the area based on confirmed attendance of people who register.
- Accelerate the development of family camping, increasing the infrastructure and facilities over future years.
- Provide appropriate staffing at key times
These paid registrations are non-refundable.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org