RSF Market Bazaar Application
Welcome to the application info page for the RSF 2019 MARKET BAZAAR.
Coming into our 22nd year of operation, we are going strong, with increased ticket demand and artistic and environmental innovation. With close to 20,000 in attendance and 4 days of 24 hour operation, there is a huge scope for exposure and trade in our Market Bazaar.
As usual we do have a very large number of applications so our selection criteria is quite strict so please make your application as exciting, innovative, thorough, and include lots of supportive images.
The site is located in Lexton, Victoria, amongst the beautiful Pyrenees landscape. We are approximately 2 hours drive from Melbourne.
The dates for the 2019 event are 25-28 January. The gates officially open at Midday on the Thursday (24th) and (officially) closes at Midnight on the Monday (28th). You are expected to arrive by the Wednesday 24th and depart on the Tuesday 29th. As we are a 24 hour event you are expected to trade for at least 80% of the time between Thursday til Monday Evenings.
Important & New Conditions:
Single Use Plastics Ban
While for over a decade now, we have banned the use of single-use plastic serving-ware by our caterers (including straws), there have still been some single-use plastics that really aren’t necessary. So this ban now includes but is not limited to:
- All single-use Plastic Drink Bottles (water/soft/energy drinks)
- All disposable plastic bags and wrappings
- Glow sticks and glow products
- Non-biodegradable Glitter
- All disposable plastic containers
So please be mindful of any plastic that you currently use in your processes and in particular your products that you serve, and seek alternative vessels and methods.
Bump In: Strictly Wednesday 23/1 @ 9am-10pm
Bump Out: Strictly Tuesday 29/1 @ 7am-4pm (Any market staff still on-site after 4pm will be breaching their contract and our permit conditions – please respect it!
Market Vendor Rates
The market vendor fee structure is as follows:
- 6m x 6m Powered stall
- 3 entry tickets
- 2 car/SWB van (or 1 x LWB van/bus/truck) site access and parking space
- Medium camping area (4 tents max)
Price $1100 +gst
- 3m x 3m Powered stall
- 2 entry tickets
- 1 car/SWB van site access and parking space
- Small camping area (2 tents max) NOT directly behind/attached to your shop
Price $750 +gst
Please Note: You may choose to book 2 x Carny sites to make your shop 6m wide (and allow parking/camping directly behind). This is $1500+GST with 4 tickets included. This is only available on marked sites with (available) 2x Carny sites next to each other. Applications for multiple sites (other than 2xCarnies) will not be approved.
We also have unpowered ‘Blanket’ sites available
VIEW NOMAD STALL PACKAGES HERE >>>
- Trailers are counted as a vehicle. Buses, LWB vans, RVs and Trucks are considered to be 2 vehicles (ie. Not available with Carny space)
- Vehicle parking and camping is usually available directly behind the 6x6 stall spaces however NOT in 3x3 spaces.
- There will be space to park and camp but not directly attached to your Carny shop.
- The above widths are for shop frontage only, any ropes and pegs must not exceed .5m (1/2 meter) from each side of this width measurement
- Accurate dimensions need to be specified at the time of application, including working/camping space
Your application is not confirmed until your payment has been received so it is advised to act fast in order to make it in and reserve your preferred site. Application ‘Approval’ does not confirm or hold your space.
Refunds will be given on cancelled (or name changed) applications conditionally according to the below timeframes:
Prior to October 1st: Full refund minus a $75 admin fee
Oct 1st - Nov 30th: 50% Refund
December 1st - Event Date: No refund. (Unless with verified valid reason AND able to be replaced, then % refund negotiable)
Note: Any cancellations or name changes should coincide with a valid reason
Note: Any person/vendor that does a 'no show' or are significantly late at the event without notifying us will not have an application approved again in the future.
Hair/Make-up Artists should follow health and safety guidelines and may be subject to a health inspection. You may contact Pyrenees Shire for more information on (03) 5349 1100
- Any Food/Beverage items
- Illegal items, eg. Drugs, Alcohol, Cigarettes, Fireworks
- Nitrous Oxide Bulbs
- Clothing/accessories that may be deemed culturally inappropriate (eg. native American head-dresses)
- Non-biodegradable Glitter
- Single-use plastic products, eg Glow Sticks, plastic sealed or wrapped products
- Any items not listed in your application
Any vendor caught trading anything unauthorised will be considered to breach their contract and the law, and may be asked to pack up and vacate the premises and/or face a lifetime ban from trading at RSF.
Stalls positions at RSF are pre-allocated. As soon as he payment for your approved application has been received you will have the option to select from any of the available pre-numbered sites from the map on the website
- The Orange Sites are 3x3 Carny Stalls
- The Blue/ Sites are 6x6 Guru Stalls
- The Purple Sites are Caterers
- The Yellow Sites are Nomad (Blanket) Stall hotspots
- The sites marked with an 'X' have been reserved.
All sites (except Nomad) will have access to electricity 24 hours from Midday Thursday til 11am Tuesday. We do ask that you use this responsibly and do not abuse it.
You MUST stay on site until 7am and vacate by 4pm on Tuesday 29/1/19. The event entertainment operates until Monday evening and there are still thousands of people on site so it is unsafe for cars to be roaming the grounds and unfair to neighbouring vendors to leave a space in the market and jeopardise their security and privacy while the event is in operation. You MUST also vacate the site by Tuesday at 4pm at the very latest. This is a permit condition – please respect it (and don't stay up too late on Monday night). Power for caterers will be switched off at 11am on Tuesday.
Please Note: In previous years there have been far too many vendors disrespect the strict bump-out times. Vendors who have or will repeatedly stay late, take too long to pack up will not have their applications approved again the following year. This is a condition of our Council Permit which is sensitive at the best of times so please respect it and plan for your timely departure.
These terms and conditions may be subject to change. If your application is approved, any updates or additions to the policies will be communicated by email. It is your responsibility to keep up to date with our continued correspondence.
Please note our application system is NOT compatible with Internet Explorer it works best if you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari etc. and please do not use emojis or copy/paste text from a Microsoft Word document into the fields on your application form, see the Application FAQs for more details.
There is no rush, make sure you are signed in to your account and take your time to read the Application FAQs before you apply.
Good luck with your submission.